Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Spectacular day to run around Colleen Lake!

Today was just wonderful.  Beautiful and sunny, 30 degrees, 15 mph wind, but just gorgeous.  It was my fastest time around the lake this month too.  It took me a while to finally push myself out the door, but once I started running I really felt great.  I've run 5 miles or more every day for the last 25 days. 154 miles. All but two have been outdoors.  I've gotten quite accustomed to running in freezing temperatures and wind.  I hope that helps me in November when I run the Polar Bear Marathon in Churchill, Manitoba.  My wind limit for a comfortable run seems to be 35 mph.  That's when I turn to the treadmill.

The road around Colleen Lake is always my favorite running route up here in Deadhorse.  When it's this beautiful, it is a fantastic place to run.  It was still quite muddy along the south side, but pretty frozen everywhere else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment