Monday, September 17, 2018

Brutal Wind!

I think today was close to my limit for running suffering! It's 30 degrees and gusting to 35 mph.  I ran down by the river on the little road because there was still some fog and I felt it was too cold to commit to a run around the lake.  In one direction I was directly into the wind and the other, directly downwind.  Into the wind was very similar in effort to running up a fairly steep hill.  That may be the closest I can come to running hills while I'm up here working.  But running downwind was actually fairly comfortable.  But I have very pink cheeks from the windburn from the last few days.  I think if it gets much colder and the wind gets any stronger I'll have to resort to the treadmill.  But if I can run outdoors, I will always do that.

The wind sock tells the story!



This hill across from the river branch at the end of my running road also tells a story.

Two days ago
Today
I suspect the big furry critter who dug that huge hole has settled down for the winter.  I always wondered where the bears go to hibernate around here.  I think I know now!

No comments:

Post a Comment