Saturday, September 1, 2018

Deadhorse Now

I'm back up north at work for the month.  I made a promise to myself that I will run at least 5 miles every day this month regardless of the outside conditions.  If it is totally impossible to run outdoors I will hit the treadmill.  I need to get stronger and faster, and it's not going to happen if I come up with excuses to not run.  I want to work in some long runs too.  I think to really do that, I'll need to sacrifice eating dinner.  The dinners so far haven't been that great, so maybe it's not really much of a sacrifice!

Today it was much too muddy, rainy and cold to run around the lake.  So I drove down the Dalton Highway to the little side road where I was able to run and not be in the way of the truckers, or build up 6 inches of mud on the bottom of my shoes.  It was a good 5 mile run.


No comments:

Post a Comment