Monday, September 10, 2018

Cold & Windy!

Mid 30's with a bone-chilling north wind.  Oh yes, and fog of course.   It was too foggy to try to run around the lake. Low visibility makes it too dangerous because the truckers might not see me.  So I drove down to my usual little side road. It was miserably cold but after a couple of miles it was tolerable.  I may need to consider adding one more layer to my ridiculous running outfit up here. Technically it's still summer but it feels a whole lot like winter out there.

I stopped at my usual 5 miles.  I want a little warmer day to increase up to 10 miles.  Or at least a non-foggy day when I can run a few laps around the lake.  It gets kind of monotonous running back and forth on the 1/3 mile road. 

So far I've been here 10 days and have run 60 miles.  I think the Glaucous Gull was thinking about flying south to his Southern Alaskan coastal winter home.


No comments:

Post a Comment