Friday, September 14, 2018

Icy Wind

I was sure I'd be hitting the treadmill today.  It was so foggy that even Alaska Airlines couldn't land.  It was horribly windy and as soon as I got changed into my running gear, I looked out the window and saw that the fog had blown away!  The mud on the local road was at its worst so I drove down the Dalton Highway about 5 miles and ran there.  It was really cold at 35 degrees with that 20 knot wind, but I endured and ran 5 miles.  I had a late start so only had time for 5 miles. But I was happy to do it outside and not indoors.  It was quite beautiful by Deadhorse standards, with blue sky and blue water.  There is even a bit of green on the hills created by the gravel pit.  There were hardly any trucks on the road so I had the place all to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment