Saturday, September 15, 2018

10 Miles

It was a beautiful day today.  It was also only 34 degrees with a 20 mile per hour wind blowing.  I only planned to run the 5 miles around the lake.  But running into the wind was so cold that I diverted down the Dalton Highway just to get away from it.  Then I turned back still planning to run the lake.  By the time I got to the Aurora Hotel, I was again tired of the wind so turned down towards the North Slope Borough building.  After I passed that, I just kept going! I turned left at the end of that road, then left again at the end of the next road and was full circle back at the lake.  By then I had reached over 5 miles so just decided to go for 10.  It was sunny and beautiful and along the north side of the lake the wind was to my back.  I kept on around, then back to the Dalton Highway for 9 miles.  Then one more mile back to my hotel and I was at 10.  It was a good run.  Of course still slower than I want.  But it was nice.

I registered for the Great Wall Marathon for May 2019 so have that challenge ahead of me.  I'll be trekking up and down Lazy Mountain once I get home, to prepare for that.


Red Fox


No comments:

Post a Comment