Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Rain, Fog & Wind

I looked out the window when I woke up and said, nope, not going out there today.  It was pouring rain and I could hardly see the buildings across the street.  The wind sock looked like a plastic road cone, it was blowing so hard.  I decided to run on the treadmill.  I got into my running clothes, then decided I would rather face the perfect triad of wind, rain and fog than run on that treadmill.  So I got in the car and drove down to the lonely road about 5 miles south of Deadhorse and ran up and down the road in the wind and rain for 5 miles.  I really want and need to run longer distances but today was not the day to do that.  I woke up too late plus the conditions were horrid.  But I made it through my 5 miles and have now run over 70 miles this month in the 12 days I've been here.  I'm happy with that at least.

I love that golden grass

If you look closely you can actually see my car

Looking down at the gravel on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment