Wednesday, September 26, 2018

5 Miles Around The Lake

Another beautiful day here in Deadhorse.  This morning when I got off work it was only 19 degrees and when I woke up this afternoon it was still only 23.  But when I finally got around to heading out to run it had warmed up to 27 and the wind was totally calm.  There's not a cloud in the sky either.  It wasn't one of my best runs because I felt really tired the whole way and my legs kind of ached.  But it was so nice to be outside and not have to fight with the wind.  It was a little chilly, but as long as I kept moving it wasn't too bad.  I'm really happy that I've been able to force myself to get out and run every day all month while up here at work.  They say you need to take rest days, which I have not. But still, the discipline has been good for me mentally.  Due to time constraints, I haven't been able to get in a long run, but I have done a few 10 mile runs and many 5 mile ones. I vowed to run at least 5 miles every day and so far on day 26, I've succeeded in meeting that goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment