Monday, September 24, 2018

Bone Chilling Cold Wind

I saw a piece of blue sky go floating by and decided that I have to run outdoors no matter how cold it is! The blue sky came and went and the clouds were rapidly screaming across the sky.  But I drove down the road away from the muddy Deadhorse roads and ran 5 miles on the little side road and parts of the Dalton Highway. The wind was around 30 miles per hour and the temperature was 30 degrees.  But running into that wind was positively brutal.  I had to lean into it to actually run.  But it was actually kind of a nice workout.  Running directly into a strong wind like that feels a lot like running up a steep hill.  I feel the same pressure on my legs that I feel on hills.  I definitely can't run as fast in that direction, but it felt like I was working a lot harder.  I have a new case of windburn on my face now.



Dark clouds over the Sagavanirktok River


No comments:

Post a Comment