Thursday, September 27, 2018

Avoided the Bear!

I started out to run around the lake. But a guy right outside the door told me he just saw a bear.  "A Very Big Bear" as he put it.  He seemed pretty emphatic in expressing his feelings that I should not continue running in that direction.  So, I drove down the road to my little side road to the river and ran there instead.  Down there, I can see for miles in every direction.  There are also no buildings to obscure my view, and I can easily stay fairly close to my car if I do see a bear and want to quickly escape. 

I had trouble sleeping today so felt pretty tired during the whole 5 miles.  But the temperature was 39 and the wind was only 10 mph. So it was quite pleasant for a change.  It did start to rain when I was nearly finished though.  The sky was quite beautiful even though it was cloudy with showers in the distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment