Saturday, September 29, 2018

Last Deadhorse Run

I'm going home tomorrow.  Did my last run in the icy cold wind. It was a beautiful day even though I was totally freezing the whole time.  I was really feeling sluggish the first couple of miles but once I warmed up I started moving a bit faster.  I ran down the Dalton Highway from the little side road just to get away from the direct headwind for a while.  I ended up going farther than planned but the last mile felt great.  I can see that I can run faster once I've warmed up.  It takes some time to warm up in the 30 degree temperature with the 20 knot wind though.  I got another case of windburn on my face to remember this month by.  I ran a total of 175 miles in September.  I do feel good about that.  I didn't miss a single day all month! 

Last Deadhorse Sunset


No comments:

Post a Comment