Thursday, September 6, 2018

Snow

No rain today, just light blowing snow.  It was right at the freezing point so the snow wasn't really sticking on the ground, but it was smacking me in the face like little needles in the wind.  There were a couple of guys from Texas camped at the end of my trail so we had a nice chat, and their adorable dog gave me some puppy kisses.  In spite of the light snow, the road was really dry out there.  I decided to continue past the road onto the Dalton Highway for variety. I turned into the gravel pit up the road and found some small hills and a couple of lakes behind the big piles of gravel.  Visibility isn't as good there, so I didn't linger for too long in case a bear might be lurking down there.  I do prefer being out where there is nothing obstructing my visibility.  I had a couple of drivers stop and ask if I was ok because I guess it does look a little odd for someone to be running up and down that road in the middle of nowhere. 

Of all my runs so far this week, today was the best one.  I think I might be finally seeing a little progress.  But I still have a very long way to go to actually pick up sufficient speed to be comfortable with my next marathon.

So far I've been able to stick to my, run everyday at least 5 miles, plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment