Sunday, April 2, 2023

Waypoint Challenge

The running, hiking and mountain rescue community is offering a challenge where we have to select 20 of 40 waypoints and navigate to them using whatever navigation method or phone app we choose. Then we post on their site as we complete each one. The 20 need to be completed between April 1 and April 30. The challenge site is Spring Shoulder Season Stoke

Today I did the first two of my chosen waypoints of the challenge. The first one was the tower at Reflections Lake, a place I hike nearly every day. I took a picture of the amazing view from the top of the tower.


The second one turned out to be the little bridge on the trail at the Eklutna Tailrace. I even saw a man out relaxing in his kayak on the open water at the tailrace. The water stays open all winter because it is warmed as it goes through the Eklutna Powerplant. I asked him where he had put in his kayak. Now I think I might try to dig my kayak out of the snow and give it a try myself. Here is Baby getting ready to cross the bridge to the waypoint that turned out to be right in the middle of the bridge.


The happy kayaker in the distance

I used my Gaia navigation app on my phone to find the waypoints. 


No comments:

Post a Comment