Friday, April 21, 2023

Twin Peaks Trail

 Tried another hike up the Twin Peaks Trail with my friend Pam and our dogs. It's getting very slushy out there. It was a spectacular day for a hike anywhere, with bright blue sky and sunshine and 45 degrees. We had some time constraints because Pam needed to return her rental car, so we needed to move fairly quickly. Since I have been out hiking and climbing almost non-stop for the entire month, I think it finally caught up with me. I had to go back to my car a few minutes after we started because I left my water bottles in the car. Then I left my poles by the car, but noticed before I got back on the trail. I was so tired that I found myself getting angry at inanimate objects, like the zipper that wouldn't zip, the pack straps that wouldn't cooperate and similar ridiculous things. By the time we reached the steepest section just below the first bench, I really found myself lagging behind. The snow was really deep there, adding to the difficulty, but I was mostly too tired to be out there at that point. I finally got to the first bench and we spent about 30 minutes snacking and enjoying the incredible view. I knew we couldn't go any farther, between our time constraints and my sudden onset of slowness. So we went on back down instead of continuing on to the upper bench. It was a beautiful hike and fun visiting with Pam. But I need a day off from climbing up the mountains. I loved my new Scarpa boots though. 





No comments:

Post a Comment