Friday, April 7, 2023

Twin Peaks Trail

 Today I hiked the Twin Peaks Trail with my friend Pam to the lookout that has a bench. It has a spectacular view of Eklutna Lake. We had some confusion about our meeting point in the parking lot so I ended up walking to the bench and meeting Pam on the return. From now on we're going to plan to meet at the bottom of Eklutna Lake Road so there won't be any confusion. It was a totally perfect day to hike the trail. I still have a really bad cold and sore throat and really should have stayed in bed. But I just can't stay home on a gorgeous blue sky clear day. Pam had a commitment that meant she needed to get home by 3pm, so we were limited as to how far we could go on the trail. I'm not sure I would have been able to go much farther even if I'd had time. I met another hiker who I hope to hike with one day. I always meet the most interesting people out hiking on the trails in Alaska. The 20th waypoint I had chosen in the Spring Shoulder Season Stoke was right in front of the bench at the lookout. So posting that I reached that spot makes me an official finisher. However, there are still 20 more possible waypoints and I'll see if I can find them all before the deadline of April 30th. Baby was the usual energetic happy hiker.



No comments:

Post a Comment