Monday, April 10, 2023

Gorgeous Day at Archangel Valley

 It snowed most of the night and I thought it would never end. But by afternoon it was starting to clear. I needed to get out of the house and find someplace to ski. I was simply heading out to the Moose Range for a short ski, but the weather looked so nice up in the Hatcher Pass area. So I just kept right on driving past the turnoff for the Moose Range. The road wasn't plowed but it was still drivable. I parked at the Archangel Road parking lot. I was the only one there. Baby and I skied on Archangel Road all the way to the Archangel Creek Bridge. Round trip it was 4.62 miles according to my Apple Watch. There was only one other set of ski tracks that were made in the fresh snow that fell overnight. It was perfect skiing on the fresh light powder. It was calm and 21 degrees, with sun breaking through the dissipating clouds. The mountains in that area are so spectacular that I just can't get enough of looking at them. I have taken so many pictures of them, yet I always feel the need to take more. It's always the most beautiful in the winter too, especially after a fresh snowfall. We never encountered another skier, but near the bridge, where the snowmachine trail joins the non-motorized ski trail, we did see a few noisy snowmachines. It was very late in the day, since I didn't leave my car until 2:30, so we turned back at the bridge. Baby was happy to run all the way back to the car, which makes me move a little faster. She's really tiny but she definitely adds to my momentum when I'm on skis with her leash attached to my waist belt. 


Bridge over Archangel Creek




No comments:

Post a Comment