Saturday, April 8, 2023

Ptarmigan Valley Trail

 I had stopped the KrrBrrr event pretty early in the day. I needed to pick Baby up from my friend Mark's house and missed having her along during that snow trek. Since I still had lots of daylight left, I decided to drive to Ptarmigan Valley Trailhead because I remembered there were three more waypoints from the spring challenge somewhere on that trail. Also, I had never been there and wanted t see where it was. It wasn't very far from Mark's house so I figured I was already halfway there. Most of the waypoints have been short distances. So I figured I could track to them without completely wearing myself out. That trail was significantly easier to hike on than the KrrBrrr route. It gave Baby a nice little 1.5 mile walk too. Just nice rolling hills with a wide trail well packed down by snowmachine traffic. It was snowing lightly the whole time. My Gaia app kept fluctuating wildly but finally settled on the three waypoints as I reached them. Just three trail signs. I have so much time left this month that I'll likely end up finding all 40 of the waypoints instead of just completing the required 20. I've now found 23 of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment