Sunday, September 22, 2013

Long Treadmill Run

17 miles on the treadmill today.  Whew, that gets hard after a while.  It also gets really hot running indoors like that.  But unfortunately where I am right now, it is really the only option.  It is 20 degrees but that temperature is not a factor so much as the condition of the ground.  We have about 6 inches of snow here in Deadhorse.  Even that would not be a problem except there is no place to run except the road. At this time of year, it becomes the ice road and it just isn't possible to walk out there with the truckers.  It has no shoulder at all and getting hit by a truck would be a really bad thing.  So while I am here for the rest of the month, it's going to be the treadmill.  But I get a really good endurance workout on the treadmill, so I think it is very valuable.  Thank goodness we have one here!

I got another donation to my Team In Training fund yesterday.  That is so exciting.  I like to run but I love when I see progress in my efforts to raise money to fight cancer.  Please feel free to help with a donation by clicking the September is blood cancer awareness month picture below:

Cancer be gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment