Friday, September 13, 2013

7 Today

I made it even though I woke up a little late.  I started to go outdoors to run but the weather was moving in quickly and I could see that it might not be such a good idea to subject myself to it.  So I ran my 7 miles on the treadmill instead.  I definitely run faster on the treadmill but I think running outdoors is a more realistic workout.  But either way, getting in shape is what it is all about.  I added the Maui Oceanfront Marathon in January to my list of upcoming events. 

But getting myself in shape is only part of my reason for running.  It's the cause that matters most.  My Team In Training mentor sent a photo today of Nate, a little guy with cancer.  This was Nate the last Friday the 13th when he was intubated to save his life.  This is the same torturous and promising treatment that gives neuroblastoma kids an extra 20% chance at life. 
 
 
But now he has recovered and is back in school and healthy. That's what I want to see, all kids with cancer back in school and healthy.  That day will come with needed funding for research into better prevention and treatments through donations to fight cancer. 
 
Help support my efforts to end this disease by making a donation today here
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment