Sunday, September 1, 2013

Inside and Outside

I started running outdoors but first it started to snow, then it started to rain, then in started to rain and snow.  But that didn't bother me so much.  It was the 2 inches of mud that had collected on each of my shoes so that it felt like I was running with 10 pound weights on each foot.  After a mile or so, I decided to turn around and head for the treadmill.  I ran another 4 miles on the treadmill and was able to do some sprints and really push myself.  I think that was a better workout.  Then I did some lifting with the various machines there in the new fitness center at the Prudhoe Bay Hotel.  That felt pretty good.  Trying to take off a few pounds and get some strength as well as pick up some running speed.  This should be a good month for that.  I might be doing a lot of it indoors though if this nasty weather continues.  I think summer is over here on the north slope of Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment