Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Short Run Today

Just 3 miles today, in the same old wind.  I didn't have time to drive very far so I ran on the little side road to the river about 5 miles south of Deadhorse.  It was sunny and beautiful, but of course the same 25 knot wind was blowing.  I hate to resort to the treadmill when it is sunny and gorgeous outside. 

I've been planning my next trips.  Back to Mt. Kilimanjaro on February 3rd of 2013 then in April back to Spain.  I plan to fly first to Paris, run the Paris Marathon, then take the train to St Jean Pied du Pont and do the pilgrimage along the Camino de Santiago.  I joined the American Pilgrims on the Camino today. I also got my Camino de Santiago guidebook in the mail today.  I'm hoping to find a Team In Training event that I can incorporate into those trips and fundraise along the way for both of them.  I want to keep the quest for a cure for cancer at the forefront of all of my activities no matter where I wander in the world.

A beautiful day here in Deadhorse today:

No comments:

Post a Comment