Tuesday, June 12, 2012

10 Miles on the Dalton Highway

Another extremely windy workout.  It is 34 degrees with a 20 knot wind that is probably gusting to higher levels.  I think it took me twice as long to do the upwind parts as the downwind legs, but I think it was a good 10 mile workout.  Definitely slower than on a non-windy day.  But maybe the effort to run against the wind is more beneficial than running in calm conditions.  I keep telling myself that anyway.  I think running on the road feels much more natural than on the treadmill so when I can, I try to go outside.  I need to find the time to do a much longer run though.  It's hard to get enough sleep and get in a 3 or 4 hour run, and still have time to eat, shower, and get to work on time.  But 10 miles is a lot better than 3 or 5.  So I was happy I got a chance to do it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment