Saturday, June 23, 2012

Once Around the Lake

I just ran around Colleen Lake for a great 5 mile run.  Now that I am back, I feel like doing it again! I was actually going to take a rest day today, but now I wish I had gone for another 10 miles.  My legs are screaming at me though.  If it is nice like this tomorrow I will go for farther.  It was really cold at first today.  I was fooled by the sunny weather.  It isn't 70 today, it is only 53 and the wind is 15 knots.  No wonder I felt like an ice cube for the first two miles.  But I did warm up.  I also ran faster and stuck with a 12 minute mile instead of slowing down to 13 like the last few days.  I remember when I used to run a 10 minute mile consistently so hope to one day get close to that again.  I'm going to keep pushing every day until I see the progress I am hoping for.  Next marathon is Hatcher Pass.  I'm still looking for a Team In Training event to sign up for.  But you can still donate to my last one because the website is still up.  All of my non-Team In Training marathons are simply long runs in preparation for my next Team In Training run!




No comments:

Post a Comment