Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 7 of my 10 mi/day for 10 days

Still hanging in there, with running 10 miles a day for 10 days.  So far, 7 days and 70 miles. I didn't know I had it in me.  My legs do get sore, but they seem to feel the best right after the long run.  You would think that would NOT be the case.  I hope they are getting stronger and not getting ready to crumble and fall right off my body!  I just love running.  I love the natural high that it gives me when I am facing stressful situations in my life.  It's like being a drug addict without the drugs. Running sends me to a better place while I am running, and the feeling stays with me for many hours afterwards.  Am I addicted to endorphins?

I am addicted to Team In Training and the idea that the things I do might bring health and happiness to others.  It is really more blessed to give than to receive.  I couldn't imagine a life lived only for myself.  Today I ran my 10 miles for Stephanie Hill who works up here in Deadhorse.  She is doing well after her battle with lymphoma.  I hope it is banished from her life forever.  Now to just banish it from the world forever.  That's my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment