Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Balancing Act

That's what my workouts have become, a delicate balancing act of trying to exercise enough to get strong, but not be too tired to function.  Eating enough to have sufficient energy, but not so much that I gain weight.  Getting enough calcium, electrolytes, salt, and water without messing up my body's natural balance. 

Where does "No Pain No Gain" end and too much pain begin?  I've been having lower leg pain that doesn't seem to stop even if I take a week off of running.  But if I don't run, then I just get slower and out of shape. 

Oh well, I decided to just stick to a 3 mile, 30 minute run for a couple of days, and again did 30 minutes on the bike after my 3 mile treadmill run today.  I will probably hold off on the long runs for the rest of the week.  I've got to increase the bike riding time anyway, and it doesn't seem to cause the annoying lower leg pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment