Wednesday, June 3, 2015

5 Miles

It's still so muddy around the hotel that my feet and shoes will be soaked if I try to find my way to the main road. So I ran on the treadmill again.  It's a good workout, but really hot in that room.  The thermostat seems to be broken so it's kind of like running in a sauna.  I guess that is good practice for marathons in hot places, but I prefer it a bit cooler.  Outside it's very cool with temperatures below freezing and an accompanying 20 mile per hour wind.  But I think tomorrow I'm going to try for an outdoor run.  I drove around the lake the other day and the road there is quite dry.  So instead of sloshing through the mess here at my hotel, I may try to drive to the other hotel that is on the lake and park there.  That wind can be pretty uncomfortable though.  Either way, I have to continue to train.  I have too many marathons in my near future and I noticed that the Marine Corps Marathon has a 6 hour limit.  I hope by late October, 4 months  and 7 marathons later, I can beat 6 hours. I'm also hoping to kick off about 7 pounds this month.  So far I have already lost 2 just by keeping my hands out of the sweet stuff.  If I get bored or depressed, cookies and brownies just can't be the solution.

But today I ran 5 miles on the treadmill.  I kept the pace good for the first 4 miles but was dragging on the last mile.  I drank a lot of water because I was dripping with sweat.  I have lots of challenges here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment