Saturday, June 6, 2015

5 Miles on the Treadmill

It's still too muddy outside to run outdoors.  The parking lot is almost completely flooded at this point.  Maybe tomorrow I will try driving over to the lake and looking to see if the road around the lake is dry enough to run. But right now, getting to the lake on foot would be very messy, and maybe sort of impossible.

I ran 5 miles on the treadmill instead. It's way too hot in the exercise room and that makes it very difficult for me to get a good workout in there.  I suppose it helps me train for marathons in hot places, but I have trouble getting in a very long run under those conditions.  Today I felt really exhausted too.  I've been cutting down on the calories so that was probably part of why I didn't seem to have much energy.  It's a fine line trying to eat enough to have running energy, yet not so much that I can't lose weight.  I wonder if I will ever figure out the right formula.

So today wasn't a good workout.  But even a bad workout is better than no workout at all.  I had hoped to get in 10 miles but was forced to quit after 5 because I was feeling pretty bad.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.  Especially if I find a way to run outdoors where it isn't so hot. It's still in the low 30's these days though, so hot will be the least of my problems out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment