Monday, May 3, 2021

Palmer Happy Run

 I was thinking of wearing my running skirt and maybe a windbreaker since it was 61 degrees at my house.  But I decided to add my flowered running tights because tonight's Happy Run had a flower theme.  I'm so glad I wore those because it was only 51 in town!  It was bitter cold the whole time because the Knik Wind was blowing about 25 MPH.  It was brutal, especially running along the side of the airport where there is nothing to block the wind.  I actually won something at the raffle tonight.  A cute little flasher and a nice reflector that I can clip onto my clothes, or maybe my dog!  Baby ran the whole 5 miles.  I ran faster than usual myself, knowing the faster I ran, the sooner I could get out of that wind.  I'll sleep well tonight because after flying for an hour this morning then hiking the one mile around Reflections Lake, I split wood for two hours.  Then I added the five mile run. It's definitely been a very busy day. 

Baby sprinting out ahead on the bike path


No comments:

Post a Comment