Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Eklutna Lakeside Trail 20 Miles

 It was a spectacular day for a little hike at Eklutna Lake.  My friend Alice, and I had planned to hike to mile 7 for a total of 14 miles.  We've been adding a mile extra each week hoping to finally reach a marathon distance at Serenity Falls at the end of the trail.  But today was such a nice day that once we reached 7 miles, we thought, why not go one more mile, then one more mile, then... well we finally decided to turn around at mile 10. By the time we were back to the trailhead it was almost 7 pm and we had been hiking for 9 hours. So our next trek on the Eklutna Lake Trail we plan to just go the whole way and make it a full marathon. What's another 6 miles?

Baby, the chihuahua was amazing and walked about 12 miles.  She was still moving along with no problems, but I could tell she was slowing down. So, to avoid pushing her too hard, I let her ride in my backpack for the next 5 or 6 miles. When she started to squirm, I let her out again to walk and chase squirrels.  She and I ran most of the last mile because my phone was about to go dead. I wanted to get back to the car before we lost our GPS and no longer had confirmation of our 20 mile hike.  We made it and so did the phone battery.






No comments:

Post a Comment