Monday, May 10, 2021

Palmer Happy Run

 It's Monday night, time for the weekly Happy Run. It was starting to rain at my house so I wasn't sure if I would do the run or not.  But I did drive down to town and found it wasn't raining.  So off we went, Baby and me.  We ran the 5 mile airport route. Tonight's theme was spring cleanup so I brought along a couple of my dog poop bags. I quickly filled up the first one. It was hard to run while carrying it, so I stashed it in a hole under a light pole, figuring I would just pick it up on my way back from the bike trail.  At one point Baby got so excited over a passing dog that she got under my feet and I stepped on her foot.  I felt so bad when I heard her squeal.  But, happily, she continued running along, apparently not injured. He feet are so tiny that I feel horrible when I step on one. She did great the whole way, running and of course, stopping to sniff every bush, rock and twig along the way. She has to stop and bark at the statue of Balto, the serum run dog that inspired the Iditarod sled dog race. She always acts foolish when she realizes it isn't a real dog! On my way back along the bike trail I found that my stashed trash bag was gone.  Someone found my stash and cleaned it up. At least I assume they cleaned it up.  As soon as we got back to the Palmer Alehouse, it started to rain.  I was glad I wore my raincoat because it got pretty wet during the announcements and raffle. 

Balto Statue


No comments:

Post a Comment