Saturday, May 29, 2021

Matanuska Lake Trails

 It threatened rain but Pam and I and our three dogs hiked about 5 miles along the Long Lake Connector on the Matanuska Lake Trail system.  It was cool but not a drop of rain.  As soon as we got back to the car though, it started to rain.  I decided to see how Baby would do off leash, since there wasn't anyone else out there hiking today.  She was great! She followed right behind me the whole way. At first she got kind of scared by Pam's dogs, but she quickly adjusted and mostly ignored them.  I've been afraid to let her run loose because she does tend to chase squirrels and cars, plus bark at strange dogs and people. But she only barked a couple of times at a passing runner and two ladies hiking. I'll still want to be careful where I let her go unleashed, but she seemed to handle it quite well.  

It was really pretty and green out there today after the big rainstorm of yesterday and last night. 






No comments:

Post a Comment