Monday, May 24, 2021

Palmer Happy Run

 Today was my birthday.  It was a bit of an odd day.  Not exactly a great celebration. I spent about 5 hours splitting wood in my back yard.  Then went down to Palmer for the Monday night Happy Run.  I'm pretty slow, plus I always take the dog, so I leave a little early  because I like to do the 5 mile route. I can't quite make 5 miles in the one hour to get back to the Palmer Ale House before 7pm, if I start at 6 with everyone else.  But they don't really mind if we start early.  Today my friends surprised me with a birthday cake when we got to the finish at the Ale House.  It was delicious! What a pleasant surprise too.  It was 73 degrees and I was pretty warm.  I brought along a small water bottle and collapsible bowl for Baby because I knew she might get hot.  We stopped twice for her to have a drink.  I think she appreciated it.  I had a few sips myself.  She does really well on those runs.  She runs the whole way, but of course, since she is a dog, we have to stop and sniff and pee at every branch, twig and rock.  But we made it before 7.  It was a gorgeous evening.  I liked that I wasn't freezing cold like I usually am on those runs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment