Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Eklutna Lakeside Trail

I introduced my friend, Alice to the Eklutna Lakeside Trail.  I hike that trail so often that I kind of take it for granted.  But she was amazed by its beauty.  I usually end up only going to the cabin at mile 3 because it seems that whenever I go with someone else that's were we turn around. But Alice was happy to continue to Mile 5 to the Bold Creek Bridge.  It was a beautiful warm day with just enough wind to keep us cool and keep the mosquitoes at bay. The snow is mostly gone and although there were some big wet spots, we were able to walk around them and keep our feet dry. The lake itself is still frozen. We watched a jet high above flying orbits through the sky making for a very interesting sky with its vapor trails.

We had such a good time that now we are going to plan to go every Tuesday, unless Alice gets a job, and increase our mileage for a few miles each time, until we reach a full marathon distance.  My chihuahua, Baby did great with the 10 miles, but I know at some point, I'll end up carrying a dog in my backpack.



No comments:

Post a Comment