Saturday, April 17, 2021

Eydlu Bena Trail Hike

 I downhill skied all day yesterday and am taking a day off from Ski Patrol, since I plan to hit the slopes tomorrow for the last day of the season. I took a nice relaxing little hike along the Eydlu Bena Trail at Eklutna Lake with Baby and my friend Mark.  It's short and not too steep, but still quite snowy and wet. Any day at Eklutna Lake is a good day.  It was interesting looking at the route on my Google Maps app on my phone.  It shows the Twin Peaks Trailhead in a totally different place.  It doesn't mention Eydlu Bena Trail but shows that we were walking along an old jeep trail. Most likely it is an old road left over from the construction of the Eklutna Powerplant, that routes water from Eklutna Lake through a tunnel to the Old Glenn Highway in Palmer.  I'd love to know what Eydlu Bena means.  I assume it's from the nearby Eklutna native tribe. In fact, I wish I knew what Eklutna means since I seem to spend a lot of my time there!!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment