Monday, April 19, 2021

Twin Peaks Trail

 After 8 hours of downhill skiing yesterday, I didn't feel very ambitious. But I did like the beautiful warm weather so drove up to Eklutna Lake.  The Lakeside Trail is really wet and sloppy so I hiked up the Twin Peaks Trail to the first bench with Baby, stopping to visit every tree, bush, shrub and rock.  We weren't breaking any speed records, just sauntering through the wet snow.  In places it could almost qualify as a river because so much water was flowing down the trail.  We took a nice sunny rest at the bench at the first overlook then turned around and headed down.  I heard later on Facebook from a hiker who had passed us, that she encountered a black bear farther up the trail.  I'm quite happy we didn't have to meet his acquaintance. 

I love the view up there!

I figured out from my map app how the Edylu Bena trail related to the Twin Peaks Trail.  I marked the spot where the new Twin Peaks Trailhead is and could see where the old trailhead on the map once connected to the new trailhead.  I wasn't able to locate any parts of the old trail where the map still shows it.  That must have long been overgrown and is probably not even visible in summer.  But when the snow melts, I want to try to find it, out of curiosity. 




No comments:

Post a Comment