Thursday, April 15, 2021

Bodenburg Butte Climb

 Had a really nice little hike up the Butte with Baby today.  It's been so warm the last couple of days that I thought I may not even need to wear my microspikes.  Boy was I wrong!  About 10 feet from the parking lot I had to put them on my hiking boots.  The whole trail was covered in snow and it is very soft and slushy.  But it is also very slippery.  I needed them all the way to the top.  There are a lot of wooden stairs along this trail. Most of them have mounds of snow on them and they were very slippery.  It was interesting following a chihuahua who was able to run at full speed up those stairs. I kept telling her that I can't quite hop up them like a jackrabbit the way she could.  But I got a few indignant annoyed looks while she stopped and waited for me to catch up. She had no choice but to stop and wait, because she was on her leash the whole time.  If I don't keep her leashed she will chase every squirrel, dog or moose that she encounters along the way. We did meet a couple of dogs and a few hikers.  When I stopped to chat with another hiker, she stopped barking at him and started barking at me instead.  Apparently she doesn't think I'm allowed to stop and chat with people on our way back down to the car.  I love that little trail because it's pretty short but very steep and always a nice workout when I don't have a lot of extra time. I always meet some nice folks along the way too. 

Plus the view from the top is spectacular!



No comments:

Post a Comment