Saturday, April 10, 2021

Run for Luz

 This was a special virtual run for a very special runner friend who passed away recently. Luzviminda Villamil was an inspiration to us all.  She was always there, running marathon after marathon after half marathon, often with Mainly Marathons.  She always had a smile on her face and was loved by us all.  Hearing of her sudden passing was devastating to our Mainly Marathons and Marathon Maniacs communities. So, many of us ran a special virtual race in her honor. There was no distance specified, just whatever we could or wanted to run this weekend.  Today was a particularly nasty weather day so I was glad I managed to get out the door at all in the 5 degree temperature and that horrendous wind.  I did keep it quite short.  I just ran with my dog around the neighborhood.  I had an extra running partner join us at the end of Curt Circle.  A large brown super friendly dog decided he needed to follow us wherever we were going. I kept yelling for him to go home, but he would have none of it.  He followed us all the way to my house.  I checked his collar and learned his name was Grizzly and I called his owner who came to bring him home. By the time his owner had arrived he had already taken off.  I hope he had found his way home through the woods.  I guess he also wanted to run for Luz!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment