Saturday, April 3, 2021

Valley Thaw Out Half Marathon

 Finally an official race after so many months social distancing and hiding from Covid-19. It was a very small race with something like 38 runners total. I ran with my friend, Alice, Both of us were not in the best running shape so we encouraged each other into walking the entire way.  It was so nice to have someone to talk to while we slogged through the snow.  We were lucky that the forecast winter storm didn't arrive and it remained calm the entire time.  We arrived at the finish together both placing last. The race was a single out and back course that we did twice.  We spent a long time at the halfway point because Alice needed to change out of wet socks and shoes. I enjoyed the little break and gobbled up a few of the tiny snickers bars they had at the turn around aid station. We both considered it more of a hike than a race, and that was apparent to all based on our slow time.  But it was a pretty laid back event so no one really cared. I hope I can pick up the pace before the next full marathon on my race schedule.  I do look forward to running on dry land instead of snow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment