Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Thunderbird Falls

 I love this little hike.  Very snowy but also pretty short.  I didn't have much time, but wanted to take a little walk somewhere.  Wearing my spikes, Baby and I walked up and down the little hills to the Thunderbird Falls lookout.  The falls is mostly frozen but you can see broken areas in the ice where water is falling.  We took the trail down to the creek and found we could hike all the way to the base of the falls.  The last time I tried I found so much slippery mud that it wasn't passible.  But we did make it to the open water at the bottom.  We found a young couple hiking down there and Baby had to bark her head off and embarrass me as usual. We also found a couple of really cute snowmen that others had made along the trail. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment