Friday, March 12, 2021

Archangel Valley Ski

Another beautiful bluebird day for skiing up at Archangel Valley.  The snow was perfect.  Baby ran along ahead for about one mile then started trying to climb up my leg and begging to be carried.  She seems to be good for about that distance when the snow is deep.  So I tucked her into my backpack and skied to the Reed Lake Trailhead, where I turned around.  Just before the bridge, snow machines are allowed on the trail.  They really make a mess of the groomed trail so I tend to turn around there.  Soon after turning around, I felt Baby squirming to get out.  It's funny how she loses interest and thinks she is cold and tired on the way out, but once I turn back, she's suddenly not either cold or tired.  So hooking her retractable leash to my backpack waist belt, she pulled with all her might and we skijored all the way back to the car.  You don't often see someone skijoring with a chihuahua and we got some odd looks from passing skiers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment