Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Morgan Horse Trail

 I was only planning to go for a short walk with the dog.  I didn't bring my backpack figuring we'd only walk a short distance.  I wanted to just check out the ski trails.  They were awesome and I wished I'd brought my skis.  The dog was enjoying the walk so we kept on past the groomed trails and started following along the Morgan Horse Trail.  I was only vaguely familiar with the trail since many years ago I had walked it from the Matanuska Peak Trail back to the Lazy Mountain Trailhead after climbing Matanuska Peak via Lazy Mountain.  I figured it ended at Smith Road or at the Matanuska Peak Trail.  But to my surprise I found it continued on past Smith Road.  I finally reached the end of it at Maud Road.  What a nice trail it was too.  I was really glad the dog didn't decide she was too tired because we still had to walk all the way back through the snow. Our short little stroll turned into nearly 5 miles.

Pioneer Peak from the trail




No comments:

Post a Comment