Monday, April 26, 2021

Palmer Happy Run

 I stopped doing the Palmer Happy Runs most of the winter because I really like to take my dog.  But she gets cold easily and I end up carrying her. In the winter, these local runs are also in the dark.  But now it has warmed up and the snow is gone. So I did the 5 mile run tonight.  I left a little early because I like to do the long 5 mile run, but I can't quite make that in only one hour.  I do like to get to the Palmer Alehouse by 7pm for the raffle and to visit with the other runners and walkers.  But tonight, even though 100 people did the run, I didn't see anyone I actually know!

Baby, the chihuahua was amazing. She ran the whole away, except for the usual stop and sniff that all dogs need to do.  She probably did better than I did.  But we made it right at 7. As usual, I didn't win anything in the raffle.  But I was glad that I was able to run the entire 5 miles. I registered for the Anchorage Mayor' Midnight Sun Marathon in June, so I need to get out and run to train for that.  Hiking is great but running is essential if I want to complete the marathon.  It was gorgeous out there tonight.  I love the view as I run along the Matanuska River. I'm going to reserve all Monday evenings to do the Happy Runs, at least through the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment