Thursday, July 4, 2024

Seventeen Mile Lake

It's kind of chilly and cloudy today but I was dying to get out in my kayak. I couldn't decide where to go so just started driving towards the north. I didn't really feel like doing an extremely long drive so I turned at the 58 Mile Road and drove up to Seventeen Mile Lake. I still wonder what it is 17 miles from, but it's a lovely place just a few miles from the main highway. There is a nice dock and put in spot there. I can drive right up to the water too. It was totally calm when Bella and I first got in the kayak and it was so peaceful. After about one mile on the lake, as we rounded the first corner, the wind began to pick up. I decided not to try to paddle the entire perimeter of that big lake in case the weather got worse. Bella was barking at little pieces of water vegetation every time we passed any. She was also very vocal towards the plentiful blue lupine growing along the shoreline. Today she just seemed to have an issue with plants in general. As we approached the beach to get out, there were three loose dogs running around. Bella let them know she was coming and I wondered what kind of challenges I was going to have disembarking from my little kayak. Fortunately the dog owner was able to call them away from the shore so I didn't have a dog confrontation and get dumped into the water. I put Bella in the car while I folded up the boat. The wind had really picked up by then and I realized I'd made a good choice to get out of the water. 





No comments:

Post a Comment