Sunday, March 26, 2023

Eklutna Lake Ski

Such a beautiful day. I met my friend Alice at the bottom of the road and we drove up together. I loaned her my cross country skis and used my backcountry skis. The conditions were perfect for skiing. Baby didn't want to walk at first so I did have to carry her. But once we turned back, she was suddenly fine with the idea of running. I always love being out on the frozen lake because it shows the surrounding mountains from a whole different perspective. Many are not even visible from the Lakeside trail. I love being out there on warm days like today. But it won't be too long before I'll be out there in my kayak instead of my skis. Alice discovered that she really likes skiing and will likely get some skis of her own for next winter. 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment