Tuesday, March 21, 2023

5 Mile Run On Wolverine Road

 I've been doing lots of hiking, climbing and skiing, but have really been neglecting actual running. I have several marathons coming up in the next few months, so I need to get out and run. I found an extra burst of energy after climbing the Butte, so decided to turn my afternoon dog walk into a run to Wolverine Creek. That's my typical 5 mile training run. When I got down to the creek, I continued on up the other side of the canyon to the bottom of the giant carrot sign for Wolverine Farm. That makes the run a little over 5 miles. It was really windy running by the hay fields, and Baby was indicating that she wasn't sure how much she really wanted to continue. I did pick her up and run with her in my arms for a very short distance. But she got too restless and from then on, she was happy to run the rest of the way in spite of the wind. As usual, I had a really hard time running up from the canyon in both directions from the creek. Typically I find myself walking a bit of that steep hill. But it's always a great little hill workout to toss into a relatively level run. Sometimes I can run the whole hills, but today I mostly had to walk them. They're very steep. I wore my icebug running shoes, but there was so little snow and ice on the road that I really didn't need them for traction. I'm glad I got in a good run for a change. It certainly is a scenic route.

Wolverine Creek




Wolverine Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment