Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Down The Road

I'm about to head down the Dalton Highway, leaving Prudhoe Bay and the Arctic behind until I return to work the month of December.  The weather looks pretty nice, at least it isn't snowing.  There is a low overcast here but most likely it is fairly clear farther south.  The Brooks Range is visible beneath the low stratus so I can see that there is good weather ahead of me.  No snow in the forecast for the next few days either. 


I have an 800 mile drive from Deadhorse to Palmer, Alaska, and most of the road is snow-covered.  They keep this road open and clear for the truckers, so it should be fine for me in my Subaru.  I have chains with me just in case.

Once I am back home I will be able to continue my running outdoors.  That will be great!  I am running the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco October 18th too. So I guess I can call that my LONG RUN for that day.

GO TEAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment