Monday, September 21, 2009

Blizzard!

I usually try to run outdoors no matter what. But the wind is over 30 knots and snow is blowing sideways past my window, and the fog is so thick I can hardly see across the street. It looked like a forced treadmill day. So, I went to the exercise room in the Prudhoe Bay Hotel and took a chance on the treadmill. Both have signs on them saying that new ones have been ordered, but I have had good luck running on one of them. But today, after 1 1/2 miles it started making a horrible noise, and I could tell something finally broke. So, I guess today was an unexpected rest day. I did use the elliptical machine for a while, but it just isn't the same. I'm hoping for better weather soon.

I woke up with bad leg cramps, so maybe it is just as well that I rest another day. It was a nice invigorating mile and a half run though!


But this is what matters the most.
Running to save lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment