Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Twin Peaks Trail

I hiked up the Twin Peaks Trail with Mark Simpson, to the overlook at the first bench. The lake is incredibly high right now because of all the recent rains. Today was definitely not the day to take my kayak out there though. The wind was blowing furiously and a person could almost surf out there on the lake. Normally it's a bit of a walk down to the water along the boat launch trail. But today it is almost up to the parking lot. It was a really nice day even with the cloudy skies. The sun even came out a bit while we were on the trail. I haven't felt much like hiking up there at Eklutna Lake ever since my dog, Baby was killed there. But Mark had suggested we go there and I'm really glad he did. The Twin Peaks Trail has always been one of my favorite trails and I have missed going there. It felt good to be there again. We only hiked to the first overlook, but the view is amazing from that spot. I always feel a little safer there when I'm not hiking alone because there are frequent bear sightings all over the area. Last time I was there, I saw two bears.

Eklutna Lake from the overlook


High water at the boat launch



No comments:

Post a Comment