Thursday, August 31, 2023

Reflections Lake

 I decided to do my usual little one mile walk around Reflections Lake today. I have been noticing that the water is quite high lately. But today was really crazy! The water level is so high that part of the trail is flooded and actually impassible. I took a little side trail that was also flooded, but I was able to walk along the edge of it and get back to the road. Then I started at the end of the trail and walked in the opposite direction to the flooded section. I have never seen it like this. Even the little island was almost submerged. I'm going to have to get out there in a few days with my kayak and explore, since the lake is now so much bigger. It looks like I can still kayak under the bridge, but the water was getting pretty close. The Knik River is also very high. Much higher and it will also be flooding the trail. The water is up past the bench where everyone likes to take a little break. Lots of rain around here lately!





No comments:

Post a Comment