Friday, August 25, 2023

Long Lake Loop

 It finally stopped raining so Pam and I did the short little hike around Long Lake, about 5 miles. We walked down to the lake itself to see how steep the little trail is that I would have to use if I want to take my kayak down to the lake. It's very steep but also very short. Since my kayak folds up, it wouldn't be too difficult to take it down there. Maybe on some sunny day I'll give it a try. It is very cloudy today so there wasn't much view of the mountains, but the clouds did make for some interesting views where we could see them. 





After the hike I took advantage of the dry weather and finished cleaning up after the electric company that had cut down my big birch tree because it was too close to the power pole. I split the wood for fire wood a couple of days ago, but needed to get the pile out of my driveway. So I spent 4 hours dragging wood to the wood pile in the back of my house. It was a lot of work, hauling it with my plastic sled through the woods. But I'm happy that the job is now complete.

Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment